Self Care November
As you are well aware, we here at Atmosea are real suckers for a bit of self love. We thought it would be nice to share with you some of our favourite ways to practice a little bit of TLC for numero-uno. For the month of November, each week we will give you a little insight into our go-to self care routines the hope that it will give you some inspiration of how to find a little ZEN amongst the daily grind and to feel that warm fuzzy feeling of love; for you, from you.
So to get the ball rolling, here is a little list of the easy elements of self love we practice everyday. What are some of the activities in your self care routine?
- Allow yourself the opportunity to practice meditation to reach your personal calm space. This may only be for 10 minutes in the morning or evening, but allowing yourself the chance to let go of thoughts of the future that make you feel stressed and start looking at what’s happening at the moment. This may include some soft gentle stretches and a moment to focus on your breath, to help recentre yourself.
- Practice your favourite hobbies. This might be playing the ukulele, or maybe it is drawing daisy chains. Maybe it is surfing or pilates or gardening; whatever your hobbies and interests are, we think it is so important to ensure spending time doing this is a high priority on your to do list.
- Exercise and other physical activities produce happy chemicals in the brain, so sweat it out when you can! Sometimes when we have a pickle in our minds that is seemingly difficult to overcome, getting out and pounding the pavement can help provide a moment of perception and clarity.
- Be out in nature. It is wild what a big breath of fresh air can do!
- Get those naps in when you can. Eat good food and drink plenty of water. And we are big believers in sharing delicious meals with friends and family as a form of self love. We know these are basic elements of survival but we also know how tricky it is to forget these simple things sometimes.
- Get those words down on paper. Give yourself a moment to journal how you are feeling, whether it be positive or not so positive. Maybe you have an interesting poem rolling around in your head that needs to come out, or it could even be a novel! Whatever it is, it does a world of good to sit with yourself, your thoughts and feelings and write them down. It is always nice to look back on what you have written in the past too. Sometimes you surprise yourself with just how nice those words sound together or how far you have come.
Home beauty treatments self-care Sunday with Sunny :)
You know that feeling, when you’re on holidays, surfed all day, had a hot shower and put on your comforts? You can experience that feeling minus the holiday, with some hot water, epsom salts and a slice of self care!
If you’re lucky enough to have access to a small bath (that does not use excess water) fill it up and dissolve some epsom salts. Let the salts melt away muscle tension from surfing all day and relax your nervous system from life!
A foot bath is just as good, you’ll need a cup of salts dissolved in hot water and at least 20 minutes to soak in the goodness.
During our self care session, we pampered each other with facials! We used Sodashi products and Josh Rosebrook products from The Little Company. These products are all plant based and made with natural materials. It’s nice to use beautiful products like these from time to time, if that’s what you’re into but you can also practice self care by using what’s in your fruit bowl and pantry!
Here is a DIY face mask recipe for you to try at home...
1 teaspoon of cacao powder
1 teaspoon of water
Mush and mix together until the mixture resembles a chocolate mouse.
Paint it in your face with your fingers.
Sit back in your bath/foot bath for at least 20 minutes and take time out to do whatever makes you feel good.
We hope this inspires you to take some time out of your week to slow down and self care!
DISCLAIMER: You don’t need to do this with your friends, but if you do...that’s great too!